Home     Policies Available     Contact Us     Find an Agent     Policyholders     Safety Tips     Privacy Act     About Us     Agents Only     Company Only      
In Case of a Loss

1) Contact your agent: Notify your agent as soon as possible. If you can not       reach your agent, you may call the main office with the loss information.


2) Write it down: Write down a detailed description of the loss and damaged items. Take photographs if necessary.


3) Contact Authorities: Contact the police in cases where laws have been broken such as theft, burglary, vandalism, or suspected arson.


4) Make necessary repairs: Make any necessary repairs to protect your property from further damage.


In the event of a water claim:


-Shut off the water source


-Remove the excess water by mopping and blotting


-Remove and/or prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.


-Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under the legs of all furniture.


-Remove rugs from wet carpeting or hard wood floors.


-Use a shop vac to remove excess water, do not use a vacuum cleaner.


-Do not turn on any electrical components in the ceiling if the water source is coming from the ceiling.


-Contact your agent immediately


-If you can not get in contact with your agent or our company, contact a certified water restoration company to assist you in the clean up and begin the drying process.


In the event of a livestock loss:


-Report the loss to your veterinarian, so that the cause of loss can be verified as a covered peril under your insurance policy.


-Our Company will pay for the vet report


-Report the livestock loss to your agent within 48 hours of it occurring.


What will happen after I submit my claim?


-Acknowledgement: The claims department will contact an adjuster.


-Assess the Damage: Either an experienced Company Adjuster or an Independent Adjuster will be assigned to assess the damage to your property.


-Determine Coverage: The adjuster will then determine where there is coverage for the damage under your policy.


-Estimate the Damage: The adjuster will estimate the damage to your property and submit a detailed estimate and Proof of Loss to you. Return The Proof of Loss to the main office at 545 Harold H. Meyer Drive New Haven, MO 63068 for payment.